Directory of Resources, Links, and Recommended Books.
Welcome to our Directory of Resources that includes a list of Book Recommendations and links to workplace bullying resources. Check back often, as new information is added when new resources are discovered or qualified professionals are met.
Please note: These links lead you to helpful information and specialists in the field of workplace bullying. As in all life situations, please consider the content in light of your personal need and experiences, No responsibility is assumed for the content or interactions between the reader and specialists.
Online Resources for Targets
- The Workplace Bullying Institute (WBI) is the sole United States organization dedicated to the eradication of workplace bullying through a combination of public education, research, help for individuals, employer solutions, and legislative advocacy.
- Learn about the wide range of WBI services just for targets.
- Watch educational videos and tutorials on the WBI YouTube Channel.
- Find helpful books about workplace bullying.
- Visit the American Psychological Association’s resource page on workplace bullying.
- Discover special topics in workplace bullying by checking out WBI’s free webinars and low-cost self-help videos.
- David Yamada writes a smart, helpful, must-read blog dedicated to news and commentary about work, workplace bullying, employment and labor law, and psychologically healthy work environments. David Yamada is a tenured law professor and an internationally recognized authority on the legal aspects of workplace bullying. He authored the model anti-bullying legislation (the Healthy Workplace Bill) that has become the template for law reform efforts across the country.
- Do you think workplace bullying should be illegal? Get involved with the Healthy Workplace Bill legislative campaign to enact state laws to help protect employees from abusive workplace environments
Workplace Bullying for Individuals
Jessi Eden Brown is an experienced, licensed psychotherapist with a private practice in Seattle, WA. As the Professional Coach and former Administrator of the Workplace Bullying Institute, Jessi has earned national recognition as a counselor-expert in the field of workplace bullying. She works with +350 clients per year through professional counseling and coaching services offered in the U.S. and worldwide. Visit Jessi’s website to learn more: http://eden-therapy.com
The Workplace Bullying Institute website provides insight into the process of workplace bullying through education and research. For more information visit http://www.workplacebullying.org/
Workplace Bullying for Employers and Organizations
To Rachel the adult who supported Mia and Sophie in raising awareness about bullying.
Thank you for providing this resource excellent resource!
Workplace Bullying University is the most authoritative and comprehensive professional training available in North America on the topic of workplace bullying. The course is well-suited for HR, unions, clinicians, trainers, legislators, management, attorneys, educators, and other professionals.
The APA Center for Organizational Excellence offers a helpful resource page for employers seeking to understand and address workplace bullying
The Team Clock Institute breaks the cycles of struggle experienced by all teams by diagnosing opportunities for growth, creating accountability for healthy team behavior, igniting innovation, and connecting changes in team effectiveness to measurable business visit https://teamclock.com/
YOUR LIFE MATTERS PODCASTS
Gratitude Is Good For Your Health! – 5/20/19
Take Time To Enjoy Summer – 5/13/19
Mother’s Day – A Time For Reflection – 5/6/19
Stop Feeling Guilty! Feel Remorseful – 4/29/19
Don’t Be Fooled – Workplace Bullying Exists – 4/22/19
Build Self-Esteem in Your Children by Giving Them Chores. – 4/15/19
Make the Time! – 4/8/19
Think Before You Speak – 4/1/19
The Teacher Wants A Meeting. – 3/25/19
How Can Discipline Be Positive? – 3/18/19
What Is Bullying? – 3/11/19
Lent, Resolutions, and SMART – 3/4/19
“The One.” Choosing a Partner – 2/25/19
Boundaries – 2/18/19
Love and Romance – 2/11/19
Overreacting – 2/4/19
Trust Your Gut – 1/29/19
Trauma – 1/21/19
The Health Insurance Puzzle – 1/14/19
Change in the Workplace – 1-7-19
SMART Change – 12-31-18
Why Change is Hard – 12-24-18
Good Manners – 12-17-18
Mindfulness – 12-10-18
Gift Giving – 12-3-18
Seasonal Affective Disorder, SAD – 11-26-18
Gratitude – 11-19-18
The Power of Our Thoughts – 11-12-18
Changing the Way We Think – 11-05-18
Recap on all the Bullying Topics – 10-29-18
Bullying Steps – 10-22-18
Bullying Behavior – 10-15-18
Bullying Roles and Importance – 10-8-18
Safe Harbor Counseling Intro – 10-1-18
Strong Mothers, Strong Sons: Lessons Mothers Need to Raise Extraordinary Men Paperback – April 7, 2015 by Meg Meeker
Mother-Daughter Wisdom: Creating a Legacy of Physical and Emotional Health Hardcover – February 22, 2005 by Christiane Northrup
Done With The Crying: Help and Healing for Mothers of Estranged Adult Children Paperback – May 3, 2016 by Sheri McGregor M.A.
Barking Up the Wrong Tree: The Surprising Science Behind Why Everything You Know About Success Is (Mostly) Wrong Hardcover – May 16, 2017 by Eric Barker
Relationship Skills 101 for Teens: Your Guide to Dealing with Daily Drama, Stress, and Difficult Emotions Using
How to Quiet the Class Quickly! Quick Tips for Teacher – April 6, 2017 by C. Northington Purdie
50 Childproof Discipline Techniques for Parents Paperback – May 12, 2014 by James Windell
Positive Discipline for Preschoolers: For Their Early Years–Raising Children Who are Responsible, Respectful, and Resourceful (Positive Discipline Library) Paperback – March 27, 2007 by Jane Nelsen Ed.D., Cheryl Erwin M.A., Roslyn Ann Duffy
Positive Discipline: The First Three Years, Revised and Updated Edition: From Infant to Toddler–Laying the Foundation for Raising a Capable, Confident Paperback – February 24, 2015 by Jane Nelsen, Cheryl Erwin M.A., Roslyn Duffy
The Little Book of Gratitude: Create a Life of Happiness and Wellbeing by Giving Thanks by Robert A. Emmons PhD
5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman
The Language of Gifts: The Essential Guide to Meaningful Gift Giving by Deanna Washington
Do It Scared by Scott Allan
Change for Good by James Prochaska PhD, John Norcross PhD, Carlo DiClemente PhD
Change to Thrive by James Prochaska PhD, Janice Prochaska PhD
Your Mind is What Your Brain Does For a Living by Stephen J Fogel
Team Clock by Steve Ritter
Born for Love: Why Empathy Is Essential–and Endangered Paperback – April 5, 2011 by Bruce D Perry, Maia Szalavit
Beyond Boundaries: Learning to trust Again in Relationships by John Townsend and Dr. Henry Cloud
Boundaries in Marriage by Henry Cloud and John Townsend
Boundaries in Dating: How Healthy Choices Grow Healthy Relationships by Henry Cloud and John Townsend
Boundaries in Dating Workbook by Henry Cloud and John Townsend
Secrets to Setting Healthy Boundaries in Dating a Guide to Dating with Dignity by Sandy Weiner and Theresa Bryne
Plan of Life by Roger Landry
- Upon your first contact with Safe Harbor Counseling, we will schedule a complimentary 20 minute phone consultation is free. During this call, we will explain the process and fees, as well as get to know you and identify how we can best help you
- Safe Harbor Counseling accepts various insurance coverage. Please call our office for verification.
- Hours by appointment.